Hello and welcome back to Equity, a podcast about the business of startups, where we unpack the numbers and nuance behind the headlines.
- Stocks are off around the world, partially due to government action, partially due to the complex web of negative factors that we’ve discussed for months now.
- Cryptos are more staid; if you like bitcoin at $20,000 this is your moment.
- Tiger’s slowdown is no mere blip, TechCrunch reports. The investing powerhouse is going to slow its roll for the rest of 2022, and is looking to raise a new fund.
- Unacademy is looking to cut costs, go public in two years per TechCrunch. And Kadamos raised more capital, marking a pretty quick reload after raising a few months ago.
- Quick Hits: The Uber Files are a mess, layoffs aren’t solving a talent crunch in Southeast Asia, and fintech staffing cuts are starting to pile up.
Equity drops every Monday at 7 a.m. PDT and Wednesday and Friday at 6 a.m. PDT, so subscribe to us on Apple Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify and all the casts.